Mineral City Village Council
Nov. 23 meeting
KEY ACTION Agreed to table any further action in dissolving the lease agreement with Huff Run/Rural Action until the Dec. 9 meeting.
DISCUSSION: At the Nov. 11 meeting council agreed to send a notice to Huff Run officials that the current lease for the building will expire Dec. 31, 2021 and would not be renewed. Huff Run pays $1 per year for use of the former village hall. Council is obtaining additional information concerning whether it would be feasible for the Mineral City Historical Society to lease the building. Marissa Lautenheizer, from Huff Run, attended the meeting and said the organization is interested in renewing the agreement. A letter was also submitted to council from the organization showing an interest in renewing the agreement. Jeff Latimer, representing the Mineral City Historical Society also attended the meeting. Council agreed they were a little premature in taking the previous action not to renew the lease agreement with Huff Run/Rural Action.
• Adopted a resolution to enter into a one-year agreement with the County Public Defender’s office for indigent defense services at a cost of $1,800 a year.
• Passed a resolution authorizing expenditures from the American Rescue Plan fund for a culvert replacement project located on Grant Street. The work will be completed by the County Engineer at a cost of $30,500.
FOR YOUR INFO
• Carrie Moore, library employee, said the Nicole Donant Mineral City Library has 17 volunteers that are available to help during events. Moore said more children are becoming involved in the library.
• The fire department members will hold a Christmas Auction at 3 p.m. Dec. 4.
• There will be a Make and Take event for adults held at the library at 2 p.m. on Dec. 5.
• Santa Claus will greet children, at the library, at 1 p.m. on Dec. 18. Cider and donuts will be served.
UP NEXT meets at 7 p.m. Dec. 9 in village hall.
This article originally appeared on The Times-Reporter: Mineral City Village Council meeting notes